The International Protection Office (IPO) appreciates that the ongoing situation in Afghanistan is a source of concern for many people, and will assist where it is in its remit to do so. The following information may be of some assistance in enabling you to find the answer to your specific query.
- The International Protection Office deals only with applications for protection from individuals who are present in the state.
- Family Reunification for Refugees can only be sought in cases where a person has been granted Refugee Status in Ireland. If you have been granted Refugee Status and wish to apply for family members to join you in Ireland you must apply in writing to:
Family Reunification Section,
Irish Naturalisation & Immigration Service,
13-14 Burgh Quay,
- Specific queries on family reunification matters may be sent to FRU_IPA@justice.ie
- Further detailed information on FRU may be accessed at:
- Specific queries on visa matters may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Further immigration information including visa issues is available on www.irishimmigration.ie
- Please also check the websites of the Department of Foreign Affairs (www.dfa.ie) and the Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth (www.gov.ie/dcya)
18 August 2021